Monday, May 17, 2010

Toddler teeth keep breaking, what can I do?

I noticed my two year old son had a small chip on a top front side tooth a few weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago I spotted that the first big tooth at the bottom had broken and was discoloured on the side and this morning he was sitting at the end of my bed when he suddenly said 'Ouch' and said he'd bumped his mouth, when I looked he has a very small black line going up his front top tooth.





Obviously I will make a dentisit appointment for him on Monday but wondered what treatment there is.





I'm thinking that he must have really weak teeth as my daughter has no problems with her. He was breastfed (so no bottles to blame), doesn't really have sweets but has fruit and sometimes a biscuit and drinks mostly water with some diluted juice. I've also been brushing since before he had any teeth. No fizzy drinks, boiled sweets etc.





Will calcium supplements help? Or is there something they can paint on the teeth? I am really worried for him and don't understand why this is happening.

Toddler teeth keep breaking, what can I do?
just a guess. some time of vitamin deficiency?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net